Today’s guest is Siobhan Miller. Siobhan is a qualified hypnobirthing teacher, founder of The Positive Birth Company and author of the book ‘Hypnobirthing: Practical Ways To Make Your Birth Better’.
Siobhan’s hypnobirthing journey began in 2014 whilst pregnant with her 2nd child. Her first labour had been relatively difficult, and she was sure she wanted her 2nd to be different. Her passion for hypnobirthing, and with an academic background in Psychology, led her to train to become a hypnobirthing teacher herself. This saw the start of The Positive Birth Company.
In this podcast we discuss what exactly hypnobirthing is, the common misconceptions of it, how it can help change the experience of labour and how a business can grow organically with a lot of passion, and yet little business experience.
What I love about Siobhan is her absolute faith that hypnobirthing can help every pregnant woman. I love her drive to empower women around the world, even if that means low profit margins. Her business is guided by her drive to spread the message, not a desire to be a millionaire.
This episode is for anyone who is pregnant or thinking of becoming a mother, and wants to know more about hypnobirthing and how they incorporate it into their pregnancy.
- Siobhan’s Favourite Book: The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner (you can buy it HERE)
Where to find out more about Siobhan, The Positive Birth Company, and Hypnobirthing:
- Instagram (Siobhan): @shivy_miller
- Instagram (The Positive Birth Company): @thepositivebirthcompany
- Facebook: @thepositivebirthcompany
- Twitter: @theposbirthco
- Youtube: The Positive Birth Company
- Website: The Positive Birth Company
- Buy Siobhan’s new book ‘Hypnobirthing: practical ways to Make Your Birth Better’: click HERE
- Sign up to The Positive Birth Company’s Digital Pack: click HERE
- Download The Positive Birth Company’s FREYA App: click HERE
- Read the ‘Positive Birth Stories’ BLOG: click HERE
Listening On The Move?
A Word From The Podcast Sponsor:
This podcast is brought to you by Pilates PT. Set up by Tatler award-winning fitness expert Hollie Grant, Pilates PT is one of the most exclusive fitness providers in the UK.
With a London studio, at-home training, an online fitness and nutrition plan, a prenatal online plan, and an industry-leading podcast, Pilates PT’s mission is to empower, educate, and motivate you to become the fittest and healthiest you can be.
Pilates PT does not believe in extreme exercise regime’s, fad diets, or body shaming. Pilates PT believes that focusing on how your body performs, not how it looks, is the key to lifelong wellness and happiness.
Find out more about Pilates PT here.
Or, to sign up to The Pilates PT Method Online with a 10% discount just enter the code ‘STRONGWOMEN‘ at checkout. click HERE to get started today.